AHC provides a specialist full service in all aspects of planning law in England and Wales, no matter how big or small the development proposal.
The firm works closely with planning consultants, architects, surveyors and other property professionals to achieve a successful outcome in all manner of planning law issues.
AHC’s planning services include:
- Advocacy in planning and enforcement appeals and inquiries, judicial review and High Court challenges
- Advice and representation on planning appeals generally (written representations, hearings and inquiries)
- Drafting and negotiating planning obligations (Section 106 Agreements and Unilateral Undertakings) and other planning agreements
- Strategic planning law advice (e.g. assessing a site’s planning history and development potential)
- Advising on compulsory purchase and compensation issues (including advocacy at inquiries)
- Objecting to development proposals on behalf of clients
- Negotiating lawful development certificates (CLEUDs and CLOPUDs) and appeals against refusals
- Advising on the impact of the National Planning Policy Framework on development proposals
- Listed buildings advice
- Answering general planning law questions (e.g. regarding implementation or compliance with conditions)
- Environmental law advice (Environmental Impact Assessments etc.)
Alistair Henry is a major planning lawyer and has written several chapters for leading planning law text books, presents seminars and writes articles on topical planning law issues.